Loving mother that she is, Agnes has promised the couple the money from Grandad's life insurance policy payout for a deposit for their own home. There’s just one minor hitch – Grandad is not dead. Caught between a suspicious insurance company and her God-fearing son, Trevor, Agnes has to resort to desperate measures to keep Grandad out of sight and her dream alive.
- Brendan O'Carroll as Agnes Brown
- Dermot O'Neill as Granddad
- Ellish O' Carroll as Winnie McGoogan
- Paddy Houlihan as Dermot Brown
- Fiona O' Carroll as Maria Brown
- Gary Lilburn as Father Quinn
- Jennifer Gibney as Cathy Brown
- Rory Cowan as Rory Brown
- Martin Delany as Trevor Brown
- Danny O' Carroll as Buster Brady
- Susie Blake as Hilary Nicholson
- Fiona Gibney as Sharon McGoogan
- Father Quinn is credited even though he doesn't appear in this episode.
- First appearance of Sharon McGoogan.
- Betty Brown does not appear in this episode.
- Maria: (about Buster) Maybe I was a little hard on him. Do you think does he still steal?"
Agnes: Are you kidding me? Does the Pope shit in the woods? (Maria looks puzzled) Well he would if there was a bear chasing him!
- Sharon: You could become some big butch woman's bitch.
- Agnes: Maria, don't open the feckin' fridge!